END OF OP HERRICK FAMILIES DAY CELEBRATION WEDNESDAY 22 JULY 2015 The Eagle Online

END OF OP HERRICK FAMILIES DAY CELEBRATION WEDNESDAY 22 JULY 2015

November 2014 marked the end of combat operations in Afghanistan, and the return of the final Wattisham based troops and aircraft from the country. The Station has supported Op HERRICK directly and indirectly since 2006, and to mark the huge contribution and support of the families during this 8 year period, an end of Op HERRICK Families Day Celebration will be held at Wattisham Station on 22 July 2015.

The day will be a bonanza of aviation and non aviation events, with entertainment suitable for all ages and food and refreshments from around the world.

The following activities and vendors have already been confirmed:

2015 Apache Display Team, families familiarisation flights, static aircraft displays, other military displays and competition, including the 7 Bn Gun Run team and an inter-Regiment Tug’o’War, the Band of the Army Air Corps, local bands, children’s entertainment, local clubs including the Wattisham Mini Club and enough food and refreshments to keep you going all day.

The gates will open at 1100 hrs and the day will be effectively concluded by 1700 hrs, when the airfield will get quite noisy as the static aircraft leave. Photo ID will be required for entry onto camp, with your attendance having been confirmed to the Guard Room via their Sergeant Major by 20 July 15 by a serving member of Wattisham Station.

Although local schools have been contacted, as this isthe last day of term for many, parents should check with their school authorities before removing their children.

Entry to the Airfield will be via Gate 2 (Crash Gate 5) and visitors will be directed to a parking area on the disused runway South of building 700 (7 Bn REME).

• FOOD AREA – MULTIPLE STALLS
• SEATING
• CLIMBING WALL
• CHILDREN’S ENTERTAINMENT
• FAMILY FLYING
• MILITARY SKILLS

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.