Blades Netball Club

The Blades have been busy participating in League games and training so far in 2018 with some good results in all three adult teams as well as our Junior team. Training on Thursday’s have been going really well too, with 20-30 girls at our junior sessions the coaches have been busy! We have also arranged our tour this year for the adults and we are off to Great Yarmouth in a couple of caravans at the end of September, let’s hope the weather holds out!

We held a successful Christmas Party in December at the Community Centre and all our members had lots of fun dancing, singing and eating – and that was just the adults! More recently, Coach Lucy and Coach Rose ran a one-day camp over the February half term break, which was enjoyed by all the girls as well as both coaches. The sun shone on the day and all the girls worked hard, practising netball skills and drills. Thanks to Lucy and Rose for their time.

Our “mini’s” (under 11’s) have been competing in the Suffolk High 5 League which this term has been held in Framlingham. We’ve had two teams enter for each weekend and some great wins. It’s really lovely to see the little ones out on the court, having fun and competing!

Our Chairperson, Chloe Anderson, is taking her B umpiring assessment in early March after passing her pre-assessment. Erin Jackson and Jen Pullen are also taking their C umpiring assessments soon. We wish them all the best of luck, do us proud ladies, we know you can do it!

We are excited to announce that we are holding a 24-hour fundraiser on Armed Forces Day – 30th June 2018. The event is called “Eat, Sleep, Play, Repeat” and will be a 24-hour-long game of netball in the station sports hall. We will be raising money for The British Legion and taking sponsorship for this in the coming months. If you would like to come along and play for an hour or so, or help in another way, we would love to hear from you, please get in touch and let us know!

We are also running our bi-annual fundraiser – East Egg Bingo at the Community Centre on Thursday 29th March. Pop along for your chance to win some Easter Eggs and help us raise some vital cash for equipment, kit and court fees, children welcome, see you there!

On behalf of everyone at Wattisham Blades, we would like to wish our lovely coach Lucy Palmer and her future husband Dan, a very happy wedding day! They are tying the knot this Easter, Congratulations guys! Not to mention, a huge good luck to Lisa Richardson, Claire Abbott, Lucy Palmer and Rose Waugh who are all running the Colchester Zoo 10k on 4th March, good luck girls! You can do it! Finally, we would like to say goodbye and good luck to Ruth Saumaka and her daughter, Yetta, who have both been fantastic members of our club for the past few years and who are moving to Cyprus – we are not jealous at all! Ruth has played for our second and first team in the last few seasons and Yetta has been a strong member of our mini’s competing in most of the fixtures and winning Player of the Match for many of them. Good luck ladies, we will miss you both but keep in touch and keep playing netball!

Training is Thursday evenings at the gym on Wattisham camp 6.30-7.30pm for juniors and 7.30-9pm for adults. We’re a friendly lot of all ages, abilities, shapes and sizes always ready to welcome new members.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.