Blades Netball Club

Wattisham Blades have started the 2018/19 season with a bang and continue to play some great netball in the local South Suffolk Netball League with three teams in Division 6, 4 and 1 as well as our mini’s competing in the High 5 League.

Blades 3, our junior team, have had some tough matches but continue to try hard and work together developing their skills they learn in training sessions. Blades 2 sit mid-table in Division 4 with some great wins and some tough matches against stronger teams. The team has welcomed some new players this year who have settled in well. Blades 1 has also gained a new player and currently also sit mid-table in division 1 having played the first teams from other rival clubs. Our two “mini’s” teams – Blades Apaches and Blades Gazelles have had some brilliant games in the High 5 League and numbers at training sessions continue to grow week on week.
As well as all the netball we also held a successful Quiz night raising over £500 for the club. Thank you to Jen for organising the event and for everyone who came and donated gifts for the raffle. The money will go towards new equipment and paying for members to attend coaching and umpiring workshops.
The Back to Netball sessions at Wattisham on a Thursday night 1930-2030 have been popular with the local community, but we always welcome newbies so if you haven’t played since school and fancy giving netball another go come along and give it a try, all welcome! We will be back in the New Year on Thursday 10th January 2019, first session is free so no excuses!
At the end of September, Blades went on tour to Great Yarmouth and had a brilliant weekend in caravans, partying late into the night and of course, playing some netball. Thanks to Lucy Hoos for organising it all for us and Hannah Mayhew for organising our fantastic fancy dress. We managed to make it through to the Cup play offs on the Sunday but didn’t bring home any silver ware but did have a brilliant time with lots of laughs along the way.
Training is Thursday evenings at the gym on Wattisham camp 1830-1930 hrs for under 11’s and 1930-2030 hrs for Juniors and Back to Netball adults. We’re a friendly lot of all ages, abilities, shapes and sizes always ready to welcome new members.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.